At GTI, we are committed to stand out from the rest and we value our customers. We have made it our priority to understand our customers business and the ever-changing needs of that business. We push the boundaries of traditional transportation to provide advantages to our clients to enable them to be successful in their respective market spaces.
The Project Operations Manager oversees daily operations of the Air & Ocean department. Organizes the structure to insure a high level of customer service and an acceptable level of profit from sales accounts / corporate account and with overseas agents/FORCE Network.
- Manage the staff/coordinators in the Air & Ocean Division to ensure equitable workload is maintained by all
- Oversee the sourcing and confirmation of quotes to key, corporate established accounts.
- Assist and create SOPs for key accounts and ensure that processes established are followed by staff.
- Maintain carrier relations (Air and Ocean) with key representatives in order to establish strong relationships in order to negotiate better tariffs in order to achieve optimum profitability for the GTI Group.
- Support the operational staff in resolving operational issues that may require a certain level of escalation with carriers involved in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Support operational staff with suggestions/recommendations on completion and execution of specific, country related or LC related documentation requirements.
- Maintain strong relations with members of FORCE Global Network in order to try and develop further opportunities; in so doing, increase profitability.
- Look into all break bulk/project cargo rate sourcing and establish methodology for execution; oversee the quote process once rate analyst has completed sourcing of rates.
- Determine and select which partner from network is best to handle a particular business; some agents are more comfortable handling day-to-day activities while others can handle more complex operations such as out of gauge and project cargo.
- Oversee sourcing and confirmation of quotes to key, corporate accounts.
- Ensure that preferred carrier relations are developed in order to achieve optimal profitability (special rates received).
- Over the road rates; asset & non-asset.
- Warehouse for storing of customer goods; short-medium-long term.
Competencies and qualifications
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Priority management
- Take initiative and propose innovative processes
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Quality control oriented
- Team spirit
- College degree; CIFFA course A & B an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- MS Office knowledge
Should this be of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume!